Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's Official... I'm Employeed

I may have mentioned something about having a couple of interviews last week. Well, I got the job! I am now working as a (catering) manager for The Farm of Beverly Hills at The Grove (which is this fabulous "lifestyle center" right next to The Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax - for those who don't know LA). I think this will be a great opportunity. The Farm is well respected, has amazing brownies, and the owners are really trying to develop the catering side of the business (which is partly why I was added to the team). It's going to be one of those "it is what I make of it" type of jobs, but I think there is good potential here (of course, only time will really tell - check back in a few months). THANK YOU Shelley Kissel!

The place is also going to be good celeb sighting hangout. Although I did miss Jon Stewart today, David Marciano (the guy who was not the mountie in Due South) had lunch at the restuarant today, while Minnie Driver (and her band) performed for the Grove's Wednesday night concert series just this week (by the way people at NBC, I have the perfect idea for a Minnie sitcom - I'll be solving your sitcom woes in an instant, send me an email!) .

Stay tuned for more CelebFlashes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!!! Congrats boy! :-) Be sure to bring a camera to work... ;-)

Anonymous said...

That was fast! Congratulations, working boy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Clown!! You have to call me IMMEDIATELY if you ever spot anyone from the cast of "Gimme A Break".

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Matt! I love that place and you can always wander around the Grove and shop. :)

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite place!! I LOVE the salmon salad sandwich!!

See you soon!

-C