Sunday, August 07, 2005

R.I.P. Mr Jennings

Peter Jennings died of lung cancer today. He was only 67. He was my favorite of the "Big Three" anchormen (probably because he was actually Canadian). He was the one I watched September 11th. I always prefered his understated, less sensationlistic approach during big events like the presidential elections, and if I watched the nightly news, I'd choose to watch him on ABC.

He is survived by his wife, Kayce Freed, his two children, Elizabeth, 25, and Christopher, 23, and his sister, Sarah Jennings.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

I always liked him. So sad especially since lung cancer is so preventable. He had such a nice & warm personality.

Anonymous said...

Completely unrelated note. It was nice meeting you at Mark and Joe's on Friday. I had a chance to read through your blog and I have to say we have very similar tastes in the men we lust after. Hope to see you both again in the future.

Heath

PS - Thanks for putting me on your links list. I'm always so flattered when someone links me.