Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sean Hayes - Taller than I thought!

I always assumed he was little, around my size, 5'10 tops. But no, he was quite tall, taller than Trainer Pete (a big boy himself) who introduced me to Sean on Saturday morning at Gold's. He was quite pasty white too, but still more attractive in person than on the telly (I must confess however, I did have a thing for him years ago in Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss).

Normally Sean works out with Little Pete, Pete's ex, but, for whatever reason, not this Saturday. After the introduction pleasentaries and discussion of my recent move to LA, my accent, etc., the conversation went thus:

Matt: By the way, I love your show.

Sean: Oh! Thank you!

Matt: No. Not that one, the other one, Situation:Comedy.

Sean: The one watched by 12 people.

Matt: Yeah, that one.

Sean: [Laughs, very un-Jack like]

We both fade into the depths of the gym.

A very pleasant conversation. He seemed very nice, and later, when we both met up at the water fountain, he asked me how things were going (with my workout), which I thought was pretty damn impressive. I was pretty thrilled! So Sean, if you ever need someone to spot you a few reps, I'm there for you buddy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God man! You are like a regular Melissa Rivers aren't you?! Oh wait thems like fighting words!

Nonetheless you just seem to meet everyone these days?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt! Thanks for stopping by my site and introducing yourself! So you got to meet Sean huh? That's pretty cool... he's hilarious =).

Anyway, you have an awesome site here... can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Anonymous said...

kidliquid
This is all very nice (Sean Hayes, Elizabeth Berkeley, blah, blah, blah) but lets talk: when you run into a REAL celebrity -- like Justine Bateman or Joyce DeWitt -- that's when your sight will truly be riveting.

Anonymous said...

I dunno - FB & I met him some years ago and he was shorter than FB, who's a little more than 6'1", a little less than 6'2". I'd say 5'10" to 5'11" is about right. Megan Mullally, on the other hand is about 5'2".