Monday, November 14, 2005

CELEBFLASH ULTRA II: Swellin!!!

Somewhere in my head I've got this list of people I'd like to see or meet or whatever (James Marsters, Carrie Fisher and Sheryl Lee are all currently at the top)... But then there are those celebs that you've forgotten about, they're not currently hot or in vogue or the like, but then you meet them, and it's like WOW!

So Friday night at The Farm I had one of those WOW! experiences. In walks the original queen of shoulders pads and the gin bottle, the oil baroness herself Sue Ellen Ewing! Although I'm totally bowled over to be standing right next to Dallas royalty, none of my guys know who the hell Linda Gray is. Yes my friends, it's a sad fact that the kids of today cannot appreciate the true genius of the primetime super soaps of the 80's!

Anyways, this is another one of those moments where I have to say something, but unlike the Sarah Michelle incident, this time I'm pretty coherent and composed. I simply tell Linda how many hours of pleasure she gave to my family and I as we sat enthralled by her Dallas going-ons, the way she chewed the scenery and how I loved that particular episode where she emerged drunk-as-a-skunk from the dumpster.

On top of still looking damn hot, Linda was so sweet, accepting my adoration, asking my name and introducing me to her husband. Because she was so gracious, I naturally, comped her brownie sundae (it's my last week after all). Well this lead to hugs and kisses on the cheek, oh and did I forget to say that she thought I was just a kid myself. Anyways, safe to say, we're new best friends!!!

Little Known Fact: On the famous poster for The Graduate, Dustin Hoffman is seen behind Mrs. Robinson's shapely leg. However this leg was not Anne Bancroft's, but instead belonged to the then unknown model, Linda Gray. Linda went on to play Mrs. Robinson herself in the West End, in London, in 2001.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical. She sounds sweet. Did you ask her about Charlene Tilton?

Anonymous said...

Was she drunk?

VERY funny Durban.