Monday, March 13, 2006

Seconds?

Another week, another round of trivia... only this time we didn't succumb to the cripling "Double or Nothing" curse, which instead visited other teams early in the night. With fear of a devastating third week in a row loss, we maybe played it too cautiously this time. You can way over think these damn trivia questions (of course "the Flavian Amphitheater" was The Colosseum, not the Palladium, a statue erected by Athena)!

Another bodybuilding contest, another second place for my man Branch. At the 2006 San Francisco Pro in Hayward, CA, Branch did seem to tone down his colouring for the show (a response I'm sure to the criticism you people subjected him to after the Arnold). Orange. Burnt Sienna. Persimmon. Really, it's all good in my book!

It's been a bloody cold weekend, with 50 year record lows in parts of the "South Land", so it wasn't the best few days to show an old friend around town. Luckily Marky Mark lived here some years back before moving to DC. He decided to give up on the smarmy DC rat race and go home to Kansas City about the same time I moved here. With it colder here than in DC or Missouri, not exactly a first class SoCal vacation. Hell, we didn't even make it to The Abbey!

And the winner is... Finally a first place finish! The other week (OK, so I'm a tad late on getting this news out) roommate Mikey won "Big Fat Dick" at FuBar. This was his fourth attempt having previously lost to a chick with perfect breasts and guys who had greater popular support than greater members. Mikey has since decided to go into retirement... for the next sixth months at anyway!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have gone to Fubar that night. Someday I'll enter the contest...and win.

Kudos to Branch, not only for his second place finish, but also for selecting a lovely light-toned shade of caramel. Much more delicious than persimmon.

Anonymous said...

See I really liked the persimmon colour someone mentioned, much more accurate than burnt siena!

So what is this Big fat dick contest... is it what I think it is??? if so then I am not surprised one bit :-P

Anonymous said...

I think Branch looks like the color of a Frappucino.