Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things I've Learnt So Far This Year

I was shocked to hear on Donald Trump's new LA based Apprentice, that West Hollywood is a "homosexual area." The episode coincidentally featured my workplace, Spago Beverly Hills, and our Assistant GM, Laurent. Manager Mikey had his scenes cut - sadly that's the TV business for you Mikey.

Little Cuban New York hairdresser's can have smokin' hot bodies (and can pass on real nasty colds).

Sometimes you do have to waste a sick day on a day when you really are sick.

Yes, maybe because of the Santa Anas, the wide fluctuation in day and night temperatures, or just maybe because of the recent bout of bloody freezing weather (it snowed in Malibu yesterday for god's sake), but I've had the worst cold ever.

Now that DayQuil (and NyQuil) are no longer made with the decongestant pseudoephedrine (an ingredient used to make crystal meth) DON’T BUY THEM, they no longer work.

Being one of the biggest guys at The Firehouse in Venice is just not right.

Dogster is the new MySpace! Give my dog a bone and go check out Bentley's profile.

Bentley has had a couple of mishaps lately, and I cannot praise highly enough Laurel Pet Hospital with its efficient, friendly, and particularly cute veterinarians (I’m talking about you Dr. Arnold).

With Meryl Streep accepting the Golden Globe for her Prada wearing portrayal of the devilish Miranda Priestly, it looks like my previous Oscar predication is one step closer to fruition.

Target really is "the Happiest Place on Earth," especially now that they sell grocery items in bulk-sized family packs.

Super hunky John Vito returns in The Amazing Race's all-star edition (unfortunately so do reality whores Rob & Amber).

After recently discovering some shots of my boy Branch from the 2005 Charlotte Pro show (where he took home the first place trophy), it’s confirmed, this man does have one hell of an ass!

So Top Chef finalists Ilan and Elia both shaved their heads, accounting for the bandanas, hoodie and wig (?) they’ve been wearing during their recent one-on-ones.

And lastly, catching up with my Sad Clown (who was visiting from DC for a few days to see whether or not LA! would be a viable living environment) was just wonderful! Selfishly I think LA! would be the perfect fit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, conspiciously absent is how your tireless boyfriend waited on you hand and foot through your nasty cold and nursed you back to health. Credit to whom credit is due I say.

TOS said...

I hope you will be repaying that man in some fashion Matthew! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Matt and Joe (& Bentley)for your warm welcome and hospitality. I expect to move to LA to embark on a career as a model/spokesman for Just For Men and perhaps be the first male "briefcase handler" on "Deal Or No Deal."

Anonymous said...

I already miss your quick wit and charm, Tom. It was really great meeting you.

Tos: I hope so too!