Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stuck on the 10!

Talking of Doctor Who, remember that season 3 episode Gridlock where the Doctor and Martha find them selves stuck with the cat people in a decades long traffic jam on "The Motorway" in New New York. That's how I felt earlier today when I very sillily decided to take the 10 back from Santa Monica.

Less than an hour earlier I'd taken the 10 west to pick up a couple of things at West Elm, and the traffic going back east seemed pretty light. As soon as I drove off the ramp however I knew I'd made a major mistake, immediately hitting five packed lanes of slow-moving traffic, at only 20 to 4 in the afternoon. It took almost an hour to drive the less than 8 miles of freeway to the La Cienega exit (where the on and off ramps collide - great road planning people).

And people do this everyday!

Are they crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is with that La Cienega exit!?!?!?!? I especially like how they built the crash investigation area right into it.

Anonymous said...

I commuted 1.5 hours *each* way for 3 years when I lived in Long Beach, CA.

I would get to work and want to go postal at my clients.