Monday, June 27, 2005

A Firehouse Birfday Lunch

First, thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes last week!

It was one of my busiest days yet here in LA (which really ain't saying much!): a quick trip to the doctor's (after the whole strep throat incident he wanted to get my cholesterol checked... the connection? I don't know); off to the gym - arm day; lunch in Venice with Cary followed an afternoon on the beach; and to end the day, Brian made a wonderful dinner!

But back to Venice... I love this place! It's way grungier and cheesier than Rehoboth. The Ocean Front Walk is a collection of wacky street performers, greasy mom & pop fast food joints, t-shirt, sunglass and hemp vendors. Main Street is a lot less “polished” than Santa Monica’s 3rd Street Promenade, and the beach is not half as busy.

Venice is also home to the original Gold’s Gym, “The Mecca of Bodybuilding”, which means there are a lot of ‘big boys’ milling about the place, especially at The Firehouse, a local bodybuilder hangout. Which is exactly where Cary took me to lunch!

During lunch, as I'm chowing down on my egg white omlette and protein shake, IFBB Pro Mike Morris walks in . The guy is HUGE and he's followed by 3 more of the biggest guys I've ever seen, I even recognised a couple of them from the magazines. Damn! A-bloody-mazing!

As some of you might know, I was in heaven... thank you Cary!!!

BTW, I finally joined the gym... Gold's: Hollywood (Gym #2 in previous post)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the original Golds is still in Venice Beach right?

Anonymous said...

A. How many erections did you get throughout lunch?
B. Did any of these boys ask you for your famous recipe for protein pudding?