Thursday, June 30, 2005

"Get Busy With The Fizzy"

It's back to the 80's in LA!

Brian bought me a Soda Club: Edition 1 Home Soda Maker for my birthday, which just came in the post yesterday. It's soda at the push of a button, and since you add your own carbonation and flavourings and can make it as fizzy or as sweet as you want! They are even coming out with a Diet Orange flavour!!!

Back when I was a kid in England, and known as a Sodastream, these things were the IT household gadget. It came with glass bottles back then and as kids we would make up a bunch, stick them in the fridge and guzzle them down until we ran out of CO2, forcing mum off to the store to get another canister. If you added the syrup before the fizz, the 'pop' would come bubbling out over, and there you'd be licking it off the bottle, your hands and the machine. We did that alot!

A couple of years ago, at a Creative Coalition party that dish was donating the food for, I saw they were trying to introduce the Soda Clubs/Sodastreams and it's been on my wishlist ever since, so thank you my Itch! I love it!

Note: They got rid of the original slogan "Get Busy With The Fizzy" back in 1996, claiming that the soda market was becoming more adult. I disagree - bring back the "Busy with the Fizzy!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's next? An Easy-Bake oven?

Anonymous said...

Diet Orange?!?! That's fantastic. Please send us some.

I love Brian. He's so damn creative. What a cool gift.

Anonymous said...

I had a Snoopy slushmachine... oh wait, my parents bought me the non-snoopy version (and it wasn't as cool as the beagle'd version) and I always wanted an easybake oven - how gay was I???

Anonymous said...

tos -- did you also want Barbie's Malibu Mansion and sing "Rub-a-dub-dub three men in a tub?"

Anonymous said...

No I wasn't THAT gay... though in retrospect I asked my parents for a KitchenAid mixer for Xmas when I was like 8 (no joke) - still waiting but what 8 year old wants a 325 watt mixer with attachments - helllllllllllllllllllo frisco!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this tos -- you are that gay. KitchenAid mixer? Did you want a Cuisenart cookie press as well? Gayer than Elton John's fanny pack.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tos, but you are that gay. He also had a rice cooker.

Helllllooo 'Frissssssco!