Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Diarrhea of the Mind

I got a little food poisoning this weekend. Nothing too serious, just stomach cramps, continual bouts of diarrhea and general lethargy. It lasted a little more than 24 hours and I know exactly where I got it from... a dodgy burger with jack and gruyere cheeses, and a small side salad of mixed greens with some (nasty) ranch dressing, that I had Friday evening.

This inconvenience affected, or effected (whichever) my whole weekend. I was particularly off at dinner Saturday evening. We met at Joe's on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice. Four hungry lads, a Saturday night, no reservation... Great! After an hour or so wait the Californian/French cuisine (small portions; fresh, eclectic ingredients) didn't exactly hit the spot. And then... The nut allergy experience... Time to go!

At work on Sunday I kept having to go to the bathroom. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do public restrooms unless extremely necessary (I once almost passed out, back in my Insignia days, from putting off the inevitable. I hated using the gents, the way the guys talked to each other through the stalls, being seen through the slits in the modular walls, newspapers strewn all over the place, and of course, having to place your ass where someone else has just rested theirs... UGH!). Ultimately, I felt like crap all day, bathroom usage or not, so I didn't make it over to WeHo Mark's for his boy's birthday. Sorry guys!

CELEBFLASH: I didn't know Sydney Bristow's dad was a big 'mo! He always plays those strong stoic sorts! However, after looking over his IMDB profile, Victor Garber once played Liberace... Oops!

My favorite bodybuilder, Branch Warren, just won his 2nd professional contest this past weekend, the 2005 Charlotte Pro, Bulk Nutrition Show.

At approximately 5'7" and 250lbs he is one BIG BOY!!! No neck, veins popping, legs like treetrunks... Cue pic... Crazy, but really sorta hot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't feeling good! Bummer. The only good news is that you lose a few pounds. The thinnest I ever got was a few years back when I had food poisoning. Worst three days of my life and I had no appetite for about two weeks after. Was maginificent and I got down to 158. Those were the days.

Victor Garber is awesome and also really handsome. Another great "out" actor/tv dad is Enrico Colantoni on Veronica Mars. He's that much sexier to me bc he's out. He makes a great show even better.

N2B said...

Enrico Colantoni? Really? Wow! I didn't know that. I loved him on Mars anyway!!!!

Anonymous said...

Food poisoning is the pits...(but a really good excuse to call into work with...)

My worst was a combo pack of mono, strep, and tonsillitis all in the course of 2 months...Jesus, I was thin, lol.

Anonymous said...

Victor Garber I'm sure of - he's awesome. But Enrico Colantoni is married, I think. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on the "no public restrooms unless it's absolutely necessary." So gross.

Hope you and Brian have been layin' off the butt sex for awhile. Guess that would kinda be a problem right now (unless, of course, you guys are into that kind of thing). Ew.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way about public restrooms, like the exactly same way, it must come with the name... I think I almost did damage to my internal organs while stuck at Kennedy airport one time... I had Giardia (nasty water parasite I got while camping) and had just flown home from Japan and the bathrooms at Kennedy were FILTHY (like Superdome filthy) & even then I was like nuh-uh! I mean I'd come from Japan where they have toilet that clean themselves after every flush!

That muscle guy looks like he is a cross between an oompa loompa and veruca salt (is she the one who blew up like a blueberry in Charlie and the Chocolate factory?) not cute - stay home from work Matt, you're clearly not feeling well! :-P