Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cattle Call?

Remember my Game Show Junkie post from the other week? Well, I got a call back!!!

Yes, casting director Randy must have liked my “half super geek/half muscle boy" self description and the “Brokeback Puppy” pic that I included in lieu of a headshot (I may live in LA, but I don’t have any... yet!).

After an impromtu fashion show at work to decide which shirt would best reflect my personality (by a vote of 4 to 3 the cute little red Salvage shirt won out), off I went in search of "fabulous cash and prizes."

First I had to fill out this long 2-page questionnaire with questions such as: What would your friends describe as your best and worst attributes? Are you a rish taker? Would you consider yourself competitive? And then I was ushered into this room ("No, on your other left") with a couple of seats and one of those little camera things. After a bit in came Randy, who loaded his "Brit" tape in the camera and off we chatted! And that's all it was, a 5 to 10 minute filmed chat.

Being an inquisitive sort, after the preliminary "Who are you" questions, I inquired why they only wanted British people. As I suspected, Infinity, the game show I was trying out for, would be a pilot for Channel 4, a British TV network. After talking about Spago, Randy mentioned he cast Top Chef, which turned into a discussion of my views about gay reality stars, my lesbian exs, and so forth and so on. The piece de resistance of the whole thing was when Randy asked if I'd blogged about all this (he'd been googling to see if anyone was talking about the show), obviously I had, and I actually blushed (it is of course very cool that my little blog is out there for the world to read).

So who knows if I'll get another call back. Maybe I look crappy on film (though I was having a particulary good skin day). Maybe I'm just not English enough. On the other hand maybe this will be my first step to lots of "fabulous cash and prizes," or maybe Randy will consider me ripe for reality show stardom (yes, I know, I'd be fantastic on the next Big Brother)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Missed you at icandy.

Don't forget to do 12 of 12 tomorrow! I missed you last month!

Anonymous said...

If your blog is any indication, you'd be AMAZING on tv babe!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I can't wait to hear about the call back.

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous! I am getting all caught up on the blog circuit - love the picture! Bentley is getting as big and muscled as you too!