Monday, February 12, 2007

CELEBFLASH: Repeat City

The CelebFlash, a self-coined term used to describe my encounters with the Hollywood elite (and once a significant part of my blog) has seemingly been long since absent from my writings. Thinking about it now, the majority of my CelebFlashes occurred when I was still at The Farm. You would have thought my position at Spago would have granted me better access to the stars, however being stuck up in the office I just don't get the opportunity to interact like I did back at The Grove. Sure I've brushed passed Jake Gyllenhaal's ass, had a conversation with KeiraKnightley's mum, and planned a lunch for those Knots Landing folks, but it's just not the same as gushing over Buffy, pouring tea for Corbin Bernsen, or mocking Breckin Meyer.

Sure I recently met past Deadwood inhabitant, and sleight-of-hand artiste Ricky Jay. Glimpsed both Terminators: the T-1000's Robert Patrick shortly after his fine performance in Cena's The Marine, as well as the original T-800 , the Governator himself, Arnold. Chanced upon Rocky IV's Ludmilla Drago herself, the ever-imposing, incredibly tall, international reality TV queen Brigitte Nielson (who seems as tall sitting as I am standing). I even once had to tell Candice Bergen, no, she could not get a reservation.

Nowadays however I feel like I'm trapped in the equivalent of network TV's summer season (aka rerun season), running in to the same old faces again and again. Ian Ziering (at The Griddle, Rite Aid or Baja Fresh), Michael Rapaport, Grant Show, The Biggest Loser's Trainer Bob, Peter Paige and, of course, the one and only Jesse Metcalf (causing me to wonder "Where's Jesse?" every time we go to the gym).

Sadly I suppose the CelebFlash has become part and parcel of my everyday life here in LA! (exactly like people warned it would). Meeting Carrie Fisher or James Marsters would still cause me to go into conniptions (similar to the way Bentley does whenever I come home), but I suppose when all's said and done "stars" still have to buy their toilet paper at Target just like the rest of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

conniptions? Hey, thats my word! I still love how you elbow me everytime you see a celebrity. In a couple of years you'll get used to it. LOL

TOS said...

I think Breckin Meyer is so cute, like a lil mop-headed fratboy :-)