Friday, April 27, 2007

Countdown to Celebration: Body Art

I'm somewhat jonsing for tattoo #2.

Although I initially planned to wait until I reached that magical 200 lbs to celebrate with some more body art, with the impending Celebration IV I think it's time to re-evaluate and re-ink.

I was considering getting another of the galactic era symbols to join the Rise of the Empire logo on my left shoulder, or just a simple copy of the famed Mandalorian "Mythosaur Skull" insignia on my right.

But a new coffee table book, The Force in the Flesh, written and compiled by Shane Turgeon, creator of http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/, puts my simple tats to shame. From single images and basic symbols like mine, to complex full torse or whole sleeve works of art, the book showcases the elegant and intricate work of 45 artist and tattoo enthusiasts from the world over. Maybe I should reconsider just what my future insignia should be?

The book will be released during the convention and will also be available on their site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should get a tattoo of the Golden Girls plastered across your back. Hot.