Friday, October 12, 2007

Captain America, Not Dead After All!

Can't say I'm exactly surprised. I mean you knew those good folks at Marvel weren't gonna keep one of the all time superhero comic book icons dead forever.

Cap's new duds, designed by legendary comicbook artist Alex Ross, will debut in the January issue of Captain America, #34. This new (and improved) Cap (whoever he may be) will sport not only the classic shield, but also a knife and (for the first time in the comics) a gun!

Since writer Ed Brubaker and the folks at Marvel insist that good ol' Steve Rogers is well and truly dead (assasinated by his lover in Captain America #25), just who is this new Cap? My money's on former sidekick and current Winter Soldier, Bucky, but I suppose we'll just have to keep on reading and wait until January to find out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex Ross is a genius...love him!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be Bucky when I was a kid.