Thursday, October 18, 2007

KPCC at 89.3

When 98.7's Jamie, Jack & Stench was unceremoniously taken off the air back in January, I searched the dial for a new morning radio show, and came across KPCC at 89.3, the local NPR station in Pasadena. I know a lot of the cool kids in SoCal seem to prefer KCRW with it's Morning Becomes Eclectic ditties, but I've always prefered talk radio (a la Radio 4 back in the UK), so I stuck with Morning Edition, Day to Day and AirTalk on KPCC.
Today is (supposedly) the last day of the fundraising effort with the intention of capping out at 9,000 members. I not sure I really believe Larry Mantle, Steve Julien et al. when they tell listeners they're not there to make us feel guilty during KPCC's Fall Member Drive. Hence, for the first time this morning I threw my hat into the ring, became a KPCC member and pledged my support.
Yes, they made me feel real guilty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Becoming a member is a good thing. Pledge drives annoy the crap out of me, but keeping the station funded is worth it. Too bad our gov doesn't fully support public radio.

Do you know if Fresh Air in the afternoons is gone? I know it rebroadcasts at 7 p.m., but I used to listen to it at the office in the afternoon.

Sorry, I couldn't find a witty remark involving the word "member."

Cheers,

Tim

The Marvelous Miss Malkavich said...

I don't care what you listen to, I'm just glad that I found you again. Sweet Pea :-) Let's keep in touch.