Monday, October 15, 2007

UKBFF: "James L" Wins!

Sunday night's light-heavy (90 kilo) class at the UKBFF British Championships in Nottingham was apparently a very close competition with James "Flex" Lewis just narrowly beating out James Llewellin. Fan consensus seemed to be that while Llewellin did have more upper body thickness, Flex took it with tighter rear shots (particular his lower back and glutes), better conditioning, and generally a more aesthetic shape.

Flex also took on heavyweight monster Darren Ball to win the overall and in so doing earned himself a pro card (yeah). He can now go play with the real big boys!

And finally Flex really took the bull by the horns by proposing to girlfriend Shina (who Joe and I met along with Flex at the 2007 Fit Expo in Pasadena last February). She of course said yes! Congrats to both of them!

Writing on his thread earlier today Llewellin was the most gracious runner up:

"I had an absolute ball. I loved every single minute of it and when my name was read out in second place I knew the right decision had been made. For all the talk and hype, I knew it was Flex's time and he deserved it thoroughly."

Words of a true champion, a man with real class, and one who I'm sure will come back bigger 'n' badder than ever. Good on yer James!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most horrifying photos I have ever seen. These freaks look like pocket people who should be on a display shelf at Toys "R" Us. Pretty shades of beige though ...

Anonymous said...

You write very well.