Thursday, February 02, 2006

TiVo - Don't Hate Me Now!

Dear TiVo, don't do this to me! Not now!

Don't lure me in, become my best friend , change my life, and then just up and leave! I can't imagine my life without you! You've been there as long as I can remember (or so it seems).

We move to the new apartment, everything seems fine. But it's all a ploy to lull me into a false sense of security. Suddenly, one day, you up and stop working! You won't download! You won't connect! All calls failed!

I'm up until 3am trying to coax and caress you into performing. Is it me? Have I changed? What have I done? Don't you like our new roommate Vonage? Are the two of you having issues? What don't I know? What aren't you telling me? I even missed the gym to sort out your squabbling (the diet started Monday, starting weight 178.6 lbs - down some 15 lbs since Thanksgiving, yes, I'm wasting away!).

What more can I do? Someone please, please help!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt. TiVo expert here. I actually worked on the TiVo design team when I first moved to Los Angeles. You can blame me for the TiVo guy and the little balls.

Anyway, TiVo does not work with Vonage. You're going to have all sorts of problems. The good news is if you have a Series II you can hook it directly to your home network so it doesn't have to make a call.

Do you have cable or satellite and is your TiVo a standalone or a dual tuner DirecTV box?

Anonymous said...

I need to get back to the gym this weekend. I have been sick all week and I feel like I have lost so much progress!!!

I don't know if Tivo would be a good thing for me at this point. I haven't had cable for so long that if I had cable + tivo I'd probably never leave the house...

Anonymous said...

I have Vonage and TIVO works ok 95% of the time - but I had help from a friend in IT to set it up...But it can be done!